Scientific Linux kernel version (2.6.32-754-6.3) is SL version 6.9.
SGS, CyberMetrix, Inc. recommends that all installations of Scientific Linux be upgraded to the latest version (SL6.9) for maintenance and support reasons. Prior to the installation of SL6.9, we recommend you execute a go and capture the errors associated with that go.
The following are instructions for upgrading a previous version of Scientific Linux to SL6.9:
1. yum install sl-local-69 acdc_repos
2. yum --releasever=6.9 update sl-release
3. rm /etc/yum.repos.d/sl.repo
4. yum clean all
5. yum install kernel-2.6.32-754.6.3* kernel-devel-2.6.32-754.6.3*
6. yum erase cyflex-6.1-upgrade
(The above command removes the cyflex-6.1-upgrade RPM because this version was modified to only work for SL6.3 versions)
7. reboot system to use new kernel-2.6.32-754.6.3
(Rebooting the system will allow the kernel installed in step 5 to be used)
8. yum --exclude=kernel* --exclude=cdk* update
9. yum install cyflex-6.1-orig-upgrade
(Install the cyflex-6.1-orig-upgrade which will work for SL6.9)
10. Run the following command to downgrade cdk and cdk-devel to version 4.9.10*:
$ sudo yum downgrade cdk cdk-devel
Execute go and capture the errors from the go after the new kernel is installed. Compare the errors generated from the old SL version and the new SL version and they should be the same.